Translate

Thursday 25 July 2019

FIRST ANNIVERSARY: 28 APRIL 2018

FIRST ANNIVERSARY: 28 APRIL 2018






Today we are celebrating our First Anniversary.

Today our meeting is open to everyone.  If anyone wishes to share with us, you are most welcome.  There is no specific topic for today.

I did not really prepare for today’s meeting because I did not know what to talk about.  So I taught that I will share a story that a friend had sent to me.

A man married a beautiful girl.  He loved her very much.  One day she developed a skin disease.  Slowly she started to lose her beauty.  It so happened that one day her husband left for a tour.

While returning, he meets with an accident and lost his eyesight.  However, their married life continued as usual.  But as days passed by, she lost her beauty; gradually.  The blind husband did not know this and there was not a difference in their married lives.  He continued to love her and she loved him very much.

One sad day, she passed away.  Her death brought great sorrow to him.

He did her last rights and wanted to leave that town.

A man from behind called and said to the blind man, “Now how will you be able to walk all alone?  All these days your wife used to help you.”
He replied “I am not blind”.  I was acting, because if she knew I could see her ugliness it would have pained her more than her disease.  So I pretended to be blind.  She was a very good wife.  I only wanted to keep her happy.

The Moral of the story:
Sometimes it is good for us to act blind and ignore one another’s short comings, in order to be happy.
No matter how many times the teeth bites the tongue, they stay together in one mouth.  That’s the spirit of FOREGIVENESS.
Even though the eyes don’t see each other, they see things together, blink simultaneously and cry together.  That’s UNITY.
May God grant us the Spirit of FORGIVENESS and TOGETHERNESS?

Alone, I can SAY, but together we can TALK
Alone, I can ENJOY, but together we can CELEBRATE
Alone, I can SMILE, but together we can LAUGH
That’s the BEAUTY of Human Relations.  We are nothing without each other.  The razor blade is sharp but cannot cut a tree; the axe is strong but cannot cut your hair.

The Moral is:
Everyone is important according to his / her purpose.  Never look down on anyone unless you are admiring their shoes.

I want to say that giving HOPE to someone is the same as giving LIFE to that person.  So keep up the good work and God Bless You.